St. Albans Free Library Policy on Exam Proctoring
The proctoring of examinations is a service offered by the St. Albans Free Library.
The library will offer proctoring services at the library based on the availability of personnel, facilities and technology to do so.
There is no fee for proctoring for St. Albans City and Town residents. Non-residents may incur a charge.
All students are responsible for all printing and mailing costs.
All fees are payable prior to taking the exam.
• Librarians are able to proctor exams as allowed by their work schedule. The library reserves the right to substitute a proctor in the event of the original proctor’s absence.
• Tests must be scheduled with the proctor a minimum of 7 days in advance. Tests will be scheduled during the library’s open hours. Tests must be completed 15 minutes before the library closes.
• Proctors will not monitor a student continuously during an exam, but may check on the student periodically.
• The use of surveillance equipment may be used to assist in monitoring the student.
• Librarians cannot proctor exams that students bring in themselves.
• Librarians will not sign a proctoring verification that attests to more than the he/she has been able to do.
• The St. Albans Free Library will not be responsible for any delayed tests, nor for any completed tests once they leave the library’s possession and have been mailed back to the educational institution.
• The library will not be responsible for tests that are interrupted by library emergencies, power failures, or computer hardware or software failures.
• The library will abide by the testing institution’s requirements if they are in agreement with our policy .
Responsibilities of the test taker
• Your school may have specific requirements for proctoring. Check with the proctor to make sure the library can meet all of the requirements.
• Call prior to your test to make sure the test or login information has arrived. The proctor does not contact you when the exam arrives.
• If needed, be prepared to pay for any mailing or photocopying charges.
• Arrive promptly at the agreed‐upon time, prepared with the items required for taking the test. These may include picture I.D., money, pens/pencils and calculator. Only items listed in the instructions will be allowed in the test area.
• Exams not taken by the date on which they were to be completed are subject to the institution’s policies.
• Please complete the Exam Proctoring Agreement below. We will contact you once we have reviewed your request.